[WSBARP] Escrow Company

nestor at pplsweb.com nestor at pplsweb.com
Wed Sep 12 12:09:44 PDT 2018

I am dealing with an escrow company on a residential closing for a friend
who is buying. I reviewed the title commitment and I requested that the
remove the standard exceptions at closing as well as pay the second half
2018 taxes. They asked me if I was getting them the affidavit and collecting
the taxes? I thought that is the function of escrow, am I misinformed here?

Nestor B. Gorfinkel

Gorfinkel Law Chartered

Attorney at Law & Florida Civil-Law Notary

Admitted to Practice Law in Florida and Washington

Main Office:

11900 NE First Street Suite 300

Bellevue, WA 98005

Tel: (425) 961-0519

Available by Appointment Only

2475 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, FL 33020

Tel. (305) 932-5757

Fax. (888) 522-3601

 <mailto:ESQ at gorfinkel-law.com> ESQ at gorfinkel-law.com

ATTENTION - This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message
may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard
copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return
e-mail or by telephone at the phone numbers provided herein and delete this
message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded
message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of
this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender.

E-SIGNATURE DISCLOSURE: The typewritten signature included with this email
is not an electronic signature within the meaning of the Electronic
Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, Section 668.50 of the
Florida Statutes or any other law of similar import, including, without
limitation, the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act as it may be enacted by
any state or the District of Columbia.

THE WITHIN IS FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY, MAY NOT BE USED IN CONNECTION
WITH LITIGATION OR BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDINGS AND IS WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE
RIGHTS AND REMEDIES OF OUR CLIENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREIN EXPRESSLY
RESERVED.