[WSBARP] Homeowners association

scott at scottgthomaslaw.com scott at scottgthomaslaw.com
Wed Sep 5 16:42:58 PDT 2018

We know that restrictive covenants are enforceable promises regarding the
use of land, and that the basic rules of contract interpretation are applied
to interpret covenant provisions.  We also know that in every contract there
is an implied duty of good faith and fair dealing.  Riss also tells us that
covenants requiring homeowners' association consent before construction will
be upheld so long as the authority to consent is exercised reasonably and in
good faith.  But I am wondering if it may be argued that Homeowner's
associations are also obligated to make other decisions in a reasonable way?

Scott G. Thomas

Thomas Law Group, P.S.

1204 Cleveland Ave.

Mount Vernon, WA  98273

Scott at ScottGThomasLaw.com <mailto:Scott at ScottGThomasLaw.com>