[WSBARP] Transfer on Death Deed

MK Henderson law.mkh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:10:51 PDT 2018

Remember that if a person leaves property to three people there are
complications should any conflicts arise between the three.  I generally
only advise a Transfer on Death deed if there is only one person who would
inherit the property.  So many life changes can happen for one person but
when you are considering more than one there are births, deaths, illnesses,
lay offs factors that may create tension among the three that would require
a partition action and/or force the sale of the property at a time not
convenient to the other two.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:22 AM Jennifer Modak <jennifer at modaklaw.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> My client want to leave the property to three primary beneficiaries via a
> Transfer on Death Deed. I believe this would work but interested if others
> have used this method.
>

> Jennifer M. Modak
>
> Attorney at Law
>
> Law Office of Jennifer Modak, PLLC
>
> 19125 North Creek Parkway, Suite 120
>
> Bothell, WA 98011
>
> 206-747-0477
>

> The contents of this message are intended solely for the persons to whom
> this message is addressed and may be protected from disclosure or
> dissemination by the attorney-client privilege or other guarantee of
> confidentiality.  If you have received this message in error please notify
> the sender at jennifer at modaklaw.com and destroy all copies.
>
> If this message contains advice relating to Federal taxes, it is not
> intended or written to be used, and, it cannot be used for the purpose of
> avoiding penalties that may be imposed under Federal tax law. We understand
> that a taxpayer may rely on professional advice to avoid Federal tax
> penalties only if that advice is reflected in a comprehensive tax opinion
> that conforms to the requirements under Federal law. If you have any
> questions, please call us if you would like to discuss our preparation of
> an opinion that is consistent with these new rules. More information
> concerning this statement can be found at the Internal Revenue Service
> Website www.irs.gov. Please look for "Circular 230".

Mary K. Henderson
Henderson Law Office PLLC
1123 Maple Ave SW, Suite 225