[WSBARP] Personal Representative

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Mon Oct 29 17:19:34 PDT 2018

They say "no question is a dumb question" but....

Most of the probates I have done the heirs have agreed upon the appointment
of the Personal Representative and I go to get the letters of
Administration with signed stipulations for the appointment.

If it is known by my client that there will be objections to his
appointment by a obstreperous sibling, what are we obligated to do?  Do we
get the PR appointed with a standard Petition and then give the typical
notices that gives the objecting heir an opportunity to come to court to
object and plead their case?  Is it as simple as that?

Jim Doran

James R. Doran
Attorney at Law
100 E. Pine Street -  Suite 205