[WSBARP] Escrow holding proceeds after sale

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Oct 26 17:43:07 PDT 2018

I do the letter, stating in maximally ambiguous and noncommittal lawyer language that "based on the information presently available to the PR, and without warranty, please be advised that the PR believes that the Estate assets are below the federal and state estate tax exemption amounts, and that accordingly no estate taxes are owed."

If you can think of additional caveats and hedges to add to the letter, go for it. Generally, I try to give them just enough reassurance to allow them to check the box, without actually committing myself or the Estate to anything. It's worked in all instances so far.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC