[WSBARP] Off topic? Anyone interested in doing research for a fee?

Kaitlyn Jackson kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com
Wed Oct 24 11:26:42 PDT 2018

I have a PC/friend who has trial in December against Wells Fargo. He needs
to someone to research the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt
Collection Act.

Wells shut down his loan modification without informing him that they were
doing so.
They reported him as 90 days late without notification that they were going
to do so (there was also no formal notice sent stating that good faith
payments must still be made or if they were 10 days late that the entire
loan modification process would be shut down and they would report on
credit).
All the good faith monthly payments were made and in the same amount as
before the loan modification, with one of them arriving at Wells on the
January 11, 2015  due to holidays (he emailed his contact at Wells Fargo to
let them know when it was arriving through bill pay).

The primary questions are:

Can a lender report a 90 day late when they are still accepting monthly
checks, including that same month?  They may try to claim the note hit the
maturity date in September 2014 but they had PC in a loan modification plan
and were accepting monthly good faith payments.

Can a lender report a 90 day late without notifying the individual BEFORE
they do so?

Is a lender required to allow an individual an opportunity to make the
either the good faith payment or even the entire principal balance before
reporting on credit?

If the lender agrees to a loan modification plan, can they terminate the
loan modification if the individual is still acting in good faith and
making payments that the lender is accepting each month?

If anyone is interested in helping to research these Acts and answer these
questions, please let me know and I'll pass you the contact information of
the PC. I'm sure he's willing to compensate.

--
Thank you,

Kaitlyn R. Jackson | Attorney| DIMENSION LAW GROUP PLLC
130 Andover Park East, Suite 300 | Tukwila, WA 98188
t: *206.973.3500 *| f: *206.577.5090*| e: *kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com*|
www.dimensionlaw.com

--
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  This e-mail (including any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may
contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Attempts to intercept
this message are in violation of 18 USC 2511(1) of the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor to fines,
imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify us by e-mail, facsimile, or telephone;
return the e-mail to us at the e-mail address below; and destroy all paper
and electronic copies. Any settlement offer contained herein is made
pursuant to Washington ER 408, and without admitting fault or liability on
the part of this firm’s client(s) or its agents.  IRS CIRCULAR 230
DISCLAIMER:  To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, I
inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and
cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the
Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or tax-related matter addressed herein.