[WSBARP] Partial Satisfaction of Judgment

Andrew Hay andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net
Thu Nov 8 12:35:59 PST 2018

You apply payments to interest first, then principal reduction.  I believe we have discussed it in more detail on this list serve before.  If the debtor attempts to specify how the payment is made, that creates problems.  But if not, then the payment is simply applied first to interest, then to principal.

Andrew Hay
Hay & Swann PLLC
201 South 34th Street
Tacoma, WA  98418
Phone: (253) 272-2400
Fax:     (253) 267-8947
www.washingtonlaw.net

THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION AND IS INTENDED FOR THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT ONLY.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY AND DESTROY ALL COPIES