[WSBARP] Partial Satisfaction of Judgment

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:29:21 PST 2018

Listmates, a little litigator help would be appreciated here.  I won a monetary judgment on behalf of a client.  Judgment Debtor has delivered a check to me as a partial payment, wants me to prepare the partial satisfaction of judgement, and wants me to tell them the balance due.  Is there any guidance on how to apply the payment?  Twelve percent interest is owed on the judgment so can I apply the payment to accrued interest first and then to principal reduction?  Thanks for your assistance.  -Paul Neumiller