[WSBARP] 1031 Exchange

John L johnl at ollps.com
Mon Nov 5 15:54:38 PST 2018

Good Afternoon,

I have a client who is selling a business which includes buildings on leased
ground.  The buyer has negotiated a new lease with the ground owner.  The
sale does not include any value for the lease.  The 1031 exchange
facilitator believes that the building sale proceeds may not be part of the
1031 exchange because the original ground lease was for a period less than
30 years.

Thank you for your opinions.

Thank you.

John H. Loeffler

Olson Loeffler Law Group, P.S.

8414 N. Wall, Suite A

Spokane, Wa 99208-6171

Phone: 509.467.6767

 <mailto:JohnL at Ollps.com> JohnL at Ollps.com

This communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be subject
to legal privileges, and is intended for the sole use of the addressee.  Any
use, duplication, disclosure or dissemination of this communication, other
than by the addressee(s), is prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or
destroy this communication and all copies.  To comply with the requirements
imposed by IRS Circular 230 Notice, we inform you that any US federal tax
advice contained an any email, attachment, or other writing (including any
attachments), unless specifically stated otherwise, is not intended or
written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding
recommending any transaction or matter addressed herein to another party.