[WSBARP] Real Estate Contract and Ownership

NC seaseanc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:01:43 PST 2018

In Re McDaniel, 89 B.R. 861 (Bankr. E.D. Wash. 1988) contains and excellent
discussion of the evolution of REK's and the nature of ownership and
security interests of the parties.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 11:44 AM, John McCrady <j.mccrady at pstitle.com>
wrote:

> See also:
>
> Griffith v. Whittier, 37 Wn 2d 351; Kendrick v. Davis 75 Wn 2d 1456;
> Norlen v. Montgomery, 59 Wn 2d 269; Desmond v. Shotwell, 142 Wash 187
>

> Basically, the courts so construed Real Estate Contracts in such a way
> that a  contract purchaser has all the elements of ownership except what we
> sometimes call the “naked fee”, and the Real Estate Contract is really a
> species of mortgage.
>

> John McCrady
>
> Counsel
>
> Puget Sound Title Company
>
> 5350 Orchard Street West
>
> University Place WA 98467
>
> 253-476-5721
>
> j.mccrady at pstitle.com

Nicholas L. Clapham
(407)484-9625

NOTICE- This email message may contain confidential and privileged
information. It is intended only for the named recipent(s) and may contain
attorney work product and/or information exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. Any unauthorized use is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message. This does not constitute an electronic
signature.

Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Circular 230 and other IRS
regulations, unless we expressly state otherwise, any tax advice contained
in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or
written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding
tax-related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter(s) addressed herein.