[WSBARP] lis pendens

Douglas W. Scott doug at davisscottlaw.com
Sun Feb 25 11:35:22 PST 2018

Client filed Lien for excavation work against a subdivision.  I foreclosed on Lien in KC Superior and recorded a Lis Pendens.  Attorney for owner will issue a 1 1/2 times bond and has demanded that the Lis Pendens then be dismissed as it is interfering with sales of the lots or he will claim atty fees under RCW 4.28.328.  I see no need to remove the lis pendens as the bond is supposed to allow the properties to sell since the bond now guarantees payment of any judgment.  Does my client have exposure for not removing the lis pendens after the bond is in place?

Douglas W. Scott
Law Offices of Douglas W. Scott
Windermere Building
1810 15th Place NW, Suite 203