[WSBARP] More Explanation about Remote Notary Acknowledgements

Rod Harmon rodharmon at msn.com
Thu Feb 1 08:25:08 PST 2018

Dwight:
You say below:
WA law [65.08.030<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapp.leg.wa.gov%2FRCW%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fcite%3D65.08.030&data=02%7C01%7C%7C2d99036b2f9d49dfad8d08d568f61ae8%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636530328806118580&sdata=9z9WEaThplQMnKySHJHrh9FaYu7neLaXX5RJ11zpUoU%3D&reserved=0>] says a defective acknowledgement certificate does not invalidate the document and it still constitutes notice to a third party of the conveyance. However, note that WA law does waive the requirement for an acknowledgement.

Is your statement based solely on the statute?  Or is there case law on this?  What are the circumstances under which you can get away with an unacknowledged deed?

Rod Harmon

RODNEY T. HARMON
      Bothell, WA   98041
     Tel:   (425) 402-7800