[WSBARP] Form 17 residential

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Tue Apr 3 15:14:11 PDT 2018

I'm not so sure this wouldn't come under the economic loss rule as
expressed by Alejandre v. Bull.  From that decision: "In short, the
purpose of the economic loss rule is to bar recovery for alleged breach
of tort duties where a contractual relationship exists and the losses
are economic losses.   If the economic loss rule applies, the party will
be held to contract remedies, regardless of how the plaintiff
characterizes the claims."

Here the contractual remedy is rescinding the contract within a limited
period of time.

Note they excluded fraud claims from the economic loss rule.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148