[WSBARP] single member to two-member LLC

Richard Holland rich at pnwle.com
Mon Nov 20 11:53:49 PST 2017

I haven't seen any response to this, and I am definitely not a tax expert but reasoning through it:  Isn't the reason the H&W are 'one' person for the LLC because the marital community is a single thing?  If that's the case, then you no longer have one 'thing'.  You have two.  You have Estate of H (which presumably now only consists of his separate property) and W (who, presumably now has all of the CP and her separate property).  That, to me, would say it is a two 'thing' LLC and therefore must file - especially since the Estate of H pulled its own EIN.

That's a 'typing this while drinking coffee and procrastinating on starting a project' response, so probably worth what you're paying for it.

Thanks,

Rich Holland
rich at pnwle.com<mailto:rich at pnwle.com>
603 4th Avenue, Suite 100
Kirkland, WA 98033
877.785.8734  / 866.982.5080 (fax)

BE AWARE!  Online banking fraud is on the rise.  If you receive an email containing instructions on where or how much to send to our office, CALL TO VERIFY prior to sending. ** WE DO NOT CHANGE OUR BANKING INSTRUCTIONS**

The information contained in this communication, and in any attached document(s), is privileged and/or confidential, intended solely for the individual/entity to whom/which it was sent.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately at the email address, mailing address, or telephone or fax number above.