[WSBARP] Execution on judgement

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:40:56 PST 2017

Listmates,
Client has a judgment against him personally and wants to acquire real property in a single member LLC.  I know the judgment does not attach directly to the real property.  My recollection is that the creditor can obtain a charging order against the LLC and any distributions to the member would go to the judgment creditor.  Can the judgment creditor execute against the personal property interest of the " membership" thereby taking ownership of the LLC and the property it contains?   Thanks in advance for your insight.

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091