[WSBARP] Condominium Act Application

Ross Gardner rossgardner.jd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 15:18:29 PDT 2017

Good Afternoon All,

I am having trouble determining whether RCW 64.34.264 retroactively applies
to a Condo Association that I am working with.  My clients wish to limit
the owners' ability to rent their units, and such a change requires 90%
owner approval under the Act, but the Declarations only call for 75%
approval.

The Declarations were recorded just before the Act went into effect.  I
know that some provisions of the Act may be applied retroactively, but I
have not been able to ascertain whether that is the case here.

Is anyone able to share some insight on this?  Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Ross Gardner
Attorney

Phone: 425-870-4430 <(425)%20870-4430>