[WSBARP] TEDRA

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Fri Mar 10 10:51:24 PST 2017

For you TEDRA gurus:

I have a situation where the mother, who had been in a court appointed
guardianship, has passed away.  The daughter will not come forward with a
Will.  The son is pretty sure that there is a Will.  The daughter will not
respond to any calls, letters or even a knock on her door.  She is hiding.
There are substantial assets.  Some were frozen in the guardianship but the
son is afraid that the daughter is spending the funds.

Do I open an intestate probate action and bring on a show cause hearing for
the daughter to produce the Will and to give an accounting?  Or is this
better done in a TEDRA Petition?  We do want to get this into a probate
process once the Will and assets are discovered.  Can the show cause be
done in the TEDRA action?

What is the better way to proceed?

Jim Doran

James R. Doran