[WSBARP] Question About Surplus Funds in Nonjudicial Foreclosure

Scott Hildebrand scott at starboard-strategies.com
Tue Mar 7 11:52:33 PST 2017

RP Gurus:

I have a client who has an interest in surplus funds pursuant to a
non-judicial foreclosure auction. The property was sold on 2/3 and has not
yet been confirmed, but the funds have been verified as being deposited with
the county. I'd like to file a motion for distribution to my client, but it
is unclear as to whether I need to wait for confirmation of sale.

As I read the statute, I need to do the following:

1.	File an appearance with the court and the other parties.
2.	File a motion to distribute funds after the sale is confirmed, or
can I do it now?

Best,

Scott Hildebrand