[WSBARP] ADA verses CCRs

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Thu Jun 1 13:56:23 PDT 2017

Listmates,           I have a HOA client that is in a conflict and ADA / reasonable accommodation law is not in my wheelhouse.   The thoughts of those more learned than I will be appreciated.   CCRs clearly state no accessory dwellings allowed in the plat.  Homeowner want to build an accessory dwelling for their disabled family member.   Homeowner demands that the architectural control committee grant a variance to the black letter prohibition because the person intended to reside there is disabled.   Thoughts??? Thanks, Craig

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091