[WSBARP] Client with property right claim

Scott Hildebrand scott at starboard-strategies.com
Wed Jul 5 09:19:59 PDT 2017

All

I have an interesting situation here-

Client's parents sold property to client and his sister some years ago.

The sister's name is the only one on title because of various and sundry
personal reasons.

Over the years, my guy has paid a portion of the mortgage to his sister and
served as property manager they rented the property). He even took the tax
deduction for the mortgage interest.

He moved into the house without telling his sister until after the fact.

He filed an affidavit on title asserting his ownership and has since been
negotiating to buy the house. They have not come to terms.

The sister has listed the property.

Do I need to file something more than an affidavit? Should I get an
injunction? Quiet title? Partition?

Thanks so much for your guidance.

Best,

Scott Hildebrand