[WSBARP] cba arbitration

Roger Hawkes Roger at law-hawks.com
Wed Jan 4 17:33:39 PST 2017

The Commercial Brokers’ Association contract says, in words, that a dispute between members shall be settled by arbitration, and the decision by the arbitrators shall be whatever they decide, unbound by law, precedent, or any other commonly accepted decision basis.  It is of course subject to the private arbitration statute, RCW 7.04.  But if the contract says what I think it says there are virtually no appeal rights.  They don’t have to decide anything in accord with any principles and are not accountable for consideration of evidence or favoritism or prejudice of any kind.  This smells bad.  But I have never litigated from a cba arbitration result.  Can any of you shed any light on how to get a substantive appeal or change of decision from a horrible result involving unlicensed person being awarded part of a commission??

Roger Hawkes, WSBA 5173
19909 Ballinger Way NE
Shoreline, WA 98155
www.hawkeslawfirm.com<http://www.hawkeslawfirm.com/>