[WSBARP] Occupant in property after tax foreclosure sale

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Mon Feb 27 20:07:57 PST 2017

Client purchases property at a tax foreclosure sale and received the tax deed in accordance with RCW 84.64.  Someone is occupying the property, not sure if it is former homeowner or a tenant, but they refuse to answer the door.  I cannot find anything in the statute that allows client/purchaser to use RCW 59.12 to evict.  Is my client's only legal procedure (besides cash for keys) an ejectment action?  Any insight from someone who has encountered this before would be appreciated.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
P.O. Box 1689
Yakima, Washington  98907
Telephone:  (509) 248-7220
Facsimile:  (509) 575-1883

NOTICES:
Confidentiality: This e-mail transmission may contain information which is protected by attorney-client, work product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please contact us immediately and return the e-mail to us by choosing Reply (or the corresponding function on your e-mail system) and then deleting the e-mail.