[WSBARP] Question about rights of possession after Sheriff's Sale

Scott Hildebrand scott at starboard-strategies.com
Fri Feb 24 08:28:17 PST 2017

Here is one for which I am trying to get an answer quickly:

Client wants to buy real property at an auction- judicial foreclosure.

The owner passed, leaving two heirs. One of the heirs is absent, wants to
let it go and is not an issue.

The other heir has moved in and is asserting his rights to redeem after the
sale.

My client doesn't want to buy a property in which a third party has
occupation rights.

Question:

If my client buys the property at auction, can he evict the heir after
getting a deed?

I presume that is the 20 day notice game, tenancy at sufferance.

During the eight month redemption period, does the heir have a right to
possess?

Time is of the essence since the auction is slated to happen in an hour or
so.

Thanks all,

Scott Hildebrand