[WSBARP] Personal Injury Award and Social Security Income

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Tue Aug 8 10:42:50 PDT 2017

Good day:

An insurance award for personal injury is not "income" for IRS purposes.
The question is whether the personal injury award can have any negative
impact with the SSA for the recipient of that award who is receiving SSI?

My expectation is that the personal injury compensation is not "income" for
any purposes.

Any clarity from any one?  I do not want to spend 2 hours on the phone
trying to get an answer out of some one at the SSA office.

Thank you.

Jim Doran

James R. Doran
Attorney at Law