[WSBARP] Boundary Line Adjustment question

Scott Thomas scott.glen.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:47:05 PDT 2017

I have always read RCW 58.17.040 (6) as prohibiting the creation of new
parcels only, or prohibiting the alteration of a parcel such that it is
left with insufficient area or setbacks as required by zoning or other
regulations.  Thus, the combination of parcels would not be prohibited, and
several jurisdictions rely on that statute to allow the combination of
lots.  Pierce County, in particular, has a web page that describes their
process.  In rural counties, lot aggregation is encouraged as a means of
preserving natural resource properties.