[WSBARP] Process to Obtain Estate Info and Assets

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Thu Apr 6 15:50:58 PDT 2017

Dear Listserve Lawyers:

We are bringing a Show Cause hearing in a probate matter to compel the
daughter of the deceased to produce the Will of the decedent and to produce
an accounting of the estate assets (all funds and accounts) and to give us
a precise location for those assets.

It is my expectation that the daughter will not show up for the Show Cause
hearing.  That is problematical because she is the one with the Will and
the one with control of the assets.  What do we do if she doesn't show up?

Does the Court issue a warrant for her arrest to bring her into court?

I have never had to go down this path before.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim Doran
James R. Doran
Attorney at Law