[WSBARP] Listing exceptions to title in deed versus "boiler plate" reference to exceptions of record

Jeanne Dawes jjdawes at goregrewe.com
Thu Sep 22 16:23:19 PDT 2016

Which is why I will look to the earnest money agreement to see what it provides and use that.  Typically under the Title section it states title will be marketable, and then something like Rights, reservations, covenants, conditions and restrictions, presently of record, easements and encroachments not materially affecting the value or unduly interfering with Buyer’s [Grantee’s] intended use of the property shall not be deemed to render title unmarketable.  So I use the underlined language as an exception on the Deed when representing the Seller.

Jeanne

Jeanne J. Dawes
Attorney at Law
Gore & Grewe, P.S.
103 E. Indiana Avenue, Suite A
Spokane, WA 99207-2317
Voice:  509-326-7500
Fax:      509-326-7503
jjdawes at goregrewe.com<mailto:jjdawes at goregrewe.com>
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL TRANSMISSION IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.