[WSBARP] Listing exceptions to title in deed versus "boiler plate" reference to exceptions of record

Jeanne Dawes jjdawes at goregrewe.com
Thu Sep 22 15:51:49 PDT 2016

If I’m representing the Grantor I want them listed along with the blanket statement at the end.  If I’m representing the Buyer, I also would like them listed, as opposed to having the blanket statement at the end, but most Seller’s will want to include the blanked statement.  As long as the conveyance is insured I’m okay with that.

I often have escrow closer complain about having to include a detailed listing of the exceptions, but when I represent a seller I always insist upon it, even if it means I have to prepare the deed.  I have noticed that it is becoming more common to see the exceptions listed in the deed.  However, I would still include “easements, restrictions and covenants of record” language.

Jeanne

Jeanne J. Dawes
Attorney at Law
Gore & Grewe, P.S.
103 E. Indiana Avenue, Suite A
Spokane, WA 99207-2317
Voice:  509-326-7500
Fax:      509-326-7503
jjdawes at goregrewe.com<mailto:jjdawes at goregrewe.com>
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL TRANSMISSION IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.