[WSBARP] Query re Enforcement of Owner Occupancy terms

Craig Blackmon craig at lawofficeofcraigblackmon.com
Fri Sep 16 08:56:30 PDT 2016

Listmates, I am seeking any practical insight on whether lenders actually
enforce the terms of owner-occupancy restrictions. Specifically Client
refinanced and promised to reside in house for 12 months. A few months
later, and "Dream Home" is now on the market. Client is curious to know
practical risk of moving out and into Dream Home, then renting asserted
"residence." Any real-world insight is appreciated on how lender may react,
if at all.

And on the legal end - since I have your attention - it is my understanding
that the lender's remedy in most instances is acceleration (I haven't yet
reviewed the instrument at issue). Thanks as well for any thoughts there.

Enjoy the weekend! Go M's!!!

Craig

Craig Blackmon, Attorney at Law
Seattle Real Estate Lawyer <http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/>
92 Lenora St. (The Makers Space, a shared work environment)
Seattle WA 98121
Office/Cell: (206) 369-5949   Fax: (206) 770-7328
@LawyerBroker <https://twitter.com/LawyerBroker>
How to Buy Without an Agent
<http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Buy+without+an+Agent> | How
to Sell FSBO <http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Sell+FSBO>
 | RE Glossary
<http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Real+Estate+Glossary>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is a private, confidential
electronic communication encompassed by 18 USC 2510. It is for the sole use
of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a loss of its confidential or privileged
nature.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender and destroy all
copies.