[WSBARP] OT- judgment against Corp.

Justin Monro justinm at monrolawfirm.com
Tue Mar 29 10:26:17 PDT 2016

List mates:

Maybe someone can help me on this issue.

We took a default judgment against corp. that does business in WA state. We personally served the registered agent in WA state. Registered agent confirmed that the defendant named was a WA state corp.  We never received any notice of appearance, letters or anything else to dispute that corp. was or was not foreign corp. doing business in WA.  However, it appears the corp. is domiciled in foreign jurisdiction.

Also, the corp. admitted that they were properly served.

Default Judgment is over one year old.

Can we file a motion to change the case caption to include the corp. as a foreign corp. doing business here in WA.

How can we collect against this corp. Thoughts?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Justin K. Monro
Attorney at Law
The Monro Law Firm P.S. Inc.
1830 Bickford Ave. Ste 204
Snohomish, WA 98290
P:360.863.3728
F:360.863.3985

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message contains information belonging to The Monro Law Firm P.S. Inc. which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure.  The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you think that you have received this message in error, please contact the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.