[WSBARP] Unfiled eviction

PrestonFoskey preston at plfps.comcastbiz.net
Thu Jun 30 15:28:05 PDT 2016

Anthony:
                The eviction suit does not have to be filed before service, however if they used the required residential eviction summons there is a box indicating whether or not the action is filed.
                If the client does not respond they should file the complete and acquire an order to show cause for the eviction hearing, although it is possible that they may try to take a default because your client did not respond.  You should at least complete and send Plaintiff’s counsel a Notice of Appearance to prevent that.
                You should document the deficiencies in service and be prepared to argue that in response to the Order to Show Cause and at the show cause hearing.
                Hope this helps.

Preston L. Foskey, Attorney at Law
WSBA # 12509
Preston L. Foskey, P. S.
8248 East D Street
Tacoma, Washington 98404-1042
Phone:  253.535.5829  Fax:  253.535.9391
E-Mail:  preston at plfps.comcastbiz.net<mailto:preston at plfps.comcastbiz.net>

WARNING:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522, is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other than the individual recipient is NOT a waiver of attorney-client privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated therein.

SPECIAL NOTICE TO CLIENT(S):  If you are my client this email is directed to you, DO NOT FORWARD to any other party, or you could be waiving the attorney-client privilege.