[WSBARP] Transfer of LLC Member Interests And Excise Tax

Bickel, Dwight Dwight.Bickel at fntg.com
Wed Jun 22 14:18:19 PDT 2016

Been there, seen that shopping center corporation acquisition, paid the tax.

Then I had a client ask me the other day, "When a huge shopping center is sold, do you think the seller pays excise tax if they transfer the entity to the buyer (with possible problems!!!)?  It made me wonder if there is some way that sellers get around excise tax....by use of LLCs or something.

Then, just today, a good client asked me if he could get around excise tax by purchasing an existing LLC that owns real estate???

NOTICE: The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified to: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.