[WSBARP] Transfer of LLC Member Interests And Excise Tax

Eric Lanza Eric at jaglaw.net
Wed Jun 22 13:56:02 PDT 2016

WAC 458-61A-101(11) states that the transfer and acquisition of a controlling interest in an entity that owns real estate in Washington is statutorily defined as a "sale" of the real property owned by the entity.

So, I am pretty sure only the standard REET exemptions are going to apply.

Eric J. Lanza, J.D.
[Logo Color 2011 update 2]
1800 Cooper Point Rd. SW No. 8 • Olympia, WA 98502 • www.jaglaw.net<http://www.jaglaw.net/>
Telephone • 360.352.1970 • Fax 360.357.0844