[WSBARP] closing question

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:15:37 PDT 2016

I agree with Doug.  I have ONLY done this for long-term and trusted clients.  The request seems a little strange to me though.  You would have to prepare and obtain their signatures on Special Powers of Attorney anyway.  If they have the ability to sign a POA abroad (with a notary which is needed because the POA would need to be recorded) then why can’t the client just sign all of the closing documents while abroad?