[WSBARP] Post-Divorce Property Transfer Debacle Question

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Thu Jan 7 16:32:14 PST 2016

It sounds to me like client's sole interest was to no longer be on the mortgage? And that mortgage has been extinguished at this point, by the sale to a third party?

The "backyard mortgage" also sounds like a technical violation of the property settlement agreement, but not an issue if no prejudice resulted to the client. Since the ex received the property, an undisclosed mortgage simply diminishes the value of the property received by the ex.

If that is the case, then I agree, nothing here is actionable by client. Regardless of what the ex is doing, it has nothing to do with the client. So long as nothing in the shady transactions traces to the client.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC