[WSBARP] redemption

Rob Wilson-Hoss rob at hctc.com
Mon Feb 22 12:07:36 PST 2016

Rod, Generally excess judgments are not secured by the original security and
are simply executed upon as ordinary judgments for money. And your guy
doesn't owe the money. So if he redeems I think that any excess left over is
just a judgment against a deceased person. I am not doing the research, this
is just what I think I know.

The probate code is going to tell you that although security can be executed
upon, any additional personal claim for an excess against the decedent will
have to be brought within two years regardless of an estate being filed.

The wild card is that 11.04.250 makes exceptions to the vesting in favor of
costs of administration of the estate, family allowances, debts of the
decedent, and any other charges for which the property may be answerable.
But under these circumstances, it looks as if you could get title insurance.
This long after the death, there aren't going to be debts that can be
collected

Is this helping? I have done many similar things in the past but each is
case-specific.

I have to say, I really wonder at lenders who file judicial foreclosures
against "the Estate of" when there is no probate. The service by publication
statutes take care of their needs anyway, and I have seen a Superior Court
judge say, Estate? What Estate?

Rob

Robert D. Wilson-Hoss
Hoss & Wilson-Hoss, LLP
236 West Birch Street
Shelton, WA 98584
360 426-2999

www.hossandwilson-hoss.com
rob at hctc.com

This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee, you are hereby notified
that any use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us by
reply e-mail or by telephone (call us collect at the number listed above)
and immediately delete this message and any and all of its attachments.
Thank you.

This office does debt collection and this e-mail may be an attempt to
collect a debt, Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.  To
the extent the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 U.S.C. § 1692)
applies this firm is acting as a debt collector for the
condominium/homeowners' association named above to collect a debt owed to
it. Any information obtained will be used for collection purposes. You have
the right to seek advice of legal counsel.