[WSBARP] Defeasance

Robert Ordal ordal at ordallaw.com
Fri Aug 12 10:23:31 PDT 2016

Anne Lawler.  The best.

Anne DeVoe Lawler
Jameson Babbitt Stites & Lombard PLLC
801 Second Avenue, Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98104
206-292-1994
206-516-3204(direct dial)
206-719-7687(cell)
206-292-1995(fax)

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Gregory L. Gilday
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:24 PM
To: WSBA RPPT Real Property Discussion Forum <wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: [WSBARP] Defeasance

I have a client who is selling a building in Seattle that has a securitized loan on it.  When she contacted her bank to inquire about a early payoff penalty, she was told she was still in the defeasance period so couldn't pay it off.   When she received the list of associated fees with the defeasance (including a defeasance premium)....well, let's just say it got her attention.

I know enough to know that I don't know enough about this area to assist her in this matter.  Does anyone have a name I can pass on to her of someone she could sit down and chat with?  Client is in Seattle.

--

Very Truly Yours,
Gregory L. Gilday

10101 - 270th St. NW
P.O. Box 249
Stanwood, WA 98292
(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)
(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is intended only for the named recipient(s).  Unless you are the named recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading, copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.  If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.