[WSBARP] Defeasance

Gregory L. Gilday cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Thu Aug 11 15:24:11 PDT 2016

I have a client who is selling a building in Seattle that has a
securitized loan on it.  When she contacted her bank to inquire about a
early payoff penalty, she was told she was still in the defeasance
period so couldn't pay it off.   When she received the list of
associated fees with the defeasance (including a defeasance
premium)....well, let's just say it got her attention.

I know enough to know that I don't know enough about this area to assist
her in this matter.  Does anyone have a name I can pass on to her of
someone she could sit down and chat with?  Client is in Seattle.

--

Very Truly Yours,

Gregory L. Gilday

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

//

10101 - 270th St. NW

P.O. Box 249

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.