[WSBARP] UD Gurus

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 17 11:16:32 PDT 2015

Marcus, thanks for the input.  I used the same method you use (didn't file
yet either) but still got caught up when the sheriff didn't serve in time
(to the sheriff's defense, they tried three times before the drop dead date.
But the sheriff also helped the guy before the drop dead date when the guy
ran out of gas on the side of the road but the sheriff didn't have the
paperwork in the sheriff's cruiser at the time).  The RCW for a regular
summons states that the defendant must answer within 20 days of service.  As
you have noted, the summons for a UD complaint must "state the names of the
parties to the proceeding, the court in which the same is brought, the
nature of the action, in concise terms, and the relief sought, and also the
return day;"

I was trying to creatively get around the specific "return day" issue. I
also decline to be the test case.

Paul Neumiller