[WSBARP] line of credit priority

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Thu Nov 5 14:46:41 PST 2015

If a secured loan was paid off, the newest bank loan and lender will claim a priority under equitable subrogation.

I have a different question.
My client had a secured line of credit.  He sold the secured house, the bank signed off on the payoff, the sale closed.  Instead of closing the line of credit, the bank “renewed” it without any new property being secured.  They now say client in breach because there is no secured property. We are going to suggest, “you knew about it, so by  your actions, your loan became unsecured, and client will continue to pay interest only payments as agreed”.
Anyone have an idea about how this should come out?

Josh Grant

Joshua F. Grant, PS
Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 619