[WSBARP] Electronic Signatures (Docusign vs Adobe Echosign)

Rob Rowley rob at rowleylegal.com
Tue May 5 12:13:55 PDT 2015

It is not a wet ink signature that one could get recorded at the auditor's
office.

It is an electronic signature back by state and federal law.  Though, the
operative question in every attorney’s mind is whether you get to litigate
those type of things and just how sophisticated are the folks on the
bench.  Probably in Seattle less of an issue.

The real estate brokers have been using electronic signatures for years
without much issue.  I see no reason the Bar cannot be right up there with
them.

I actually just did my first electronic signatures for out-of-state
personal guarantor on one of my personal residential rentals leases.  I
still required the local tenant to sign a wet ink version of the lease.

* Robert R. Rowley* | Attorney at Law

505 W. Riverside Ave, Suite 500

Spokane, WA  99201

Telephone: (509) 252-5074