[WSBARP] Affidavit of Identity

Randall Cornwall rcornwall at demcolaw.com
Thu Mar 19 16:17:01 PDT 2015

Is the property covered by a current Owner's Policy of title insurance?  If
so I would call a title officer at that company and ask what they think is
the best option especially if you are trying to keep the current policy in
place for any period of time.  If you are going to be selling it in the
near future the title company issuing the new Owner's Policy is going to
require your client to fill out an Identity Affidavit anyway, and will give
you (or escrow) some guidance on how the vesting should read to make sure
the conveyance is insurable.

RANDALL J. CORNWALL
DEMCO LAW FIRM, P.S.
(206) 203-6000