[WSBARP] Reverse Mortgages and Foreclosure

Rich Holland rich at pnwle.com
Tue Mar 17 10:06:23 PDT 2015

Well, as it happens, our firm handles these daily  when they go back on the market.  While I am speaking from observation and not from legal standing at the moment, I have never seen the bank pursue a deficiency because it impacts the length of the redemption period and they mostly want the property back where it inevitably seems to end up back with FNMA as seller.  Certainly it must happen on occasion but remember not only does the lender have the security but HUD insures these (there are always two DOTs on title.  One in the name of the lender and one in the name of HUD).