[WSBARP] Tax Sale

Rob Rowley rob at rowleylegal.com
Fri Jul 24 11:37:13 PDT 2015

Had one a couple of years ago with an investor who purchased a house at a
county tax sale out in the Columbia Basin where he held it for more than
three years and then came to me for the closing of the sale of the property
to the tenant who'd been in the house for the past 3+ years (owner real
estate contract).  The preliminary title commitment/local title company
refused to insure the transaction as they were taking the position that
there were numerous irregularities regularly occurring with tax sales by
the local County Treasurer’s office and *would only insure title after 10
years*.

After picking up my investor client off the floor I then picked up the
phone and called another title company who then immediately issued the
preliminary title commitment without issue (ultimately final) and I closed
the sale without issue.

Each title company has widely varying underwriting and it always pays to
shop title companies.

Please note that effective May 15, 2015, my new address is 7 South Howard
St., Suite 218, Spokane, WA 99201.  All other contact information remains
the same.

*Robert R. Rowley* | Attorney at Law

7 S. Howard St, Suite 218

Spokane, WA  99201

Telephone: (509) 252-5074

Mobile: (509) 994-1143

Facsimile: (509) 928-3084

Email: rob at rowleylegal.com

Web Site: www.rowleylegal.com

Practice concentrated on business, real estate and general legal matters in
Washington and Idaho.

<https://www.facebook.com/rowleylegal>
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-rowley/11/172/b20>
<https://twitter.com/ROBERTRROWLEY>
<http://www.yelp.com/biz/robert-r-rowley-spokane>

NOTICE: The contents of this message and any attachments may be protected
by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine or other applicable
protections.  If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
message in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete the
message.  Thank you for your assistance.

DISCLAIMER: You should recognize that responses provided by e-mail means
are akin to ordinary telephone or face-to-face conversations and do not
reflect the level of factual or legal inquiry or analysis which would be
applied in the case of a formal legal opinion. A formal opinion may very
well reach a different conclusion.