[WSBARP] Seller disclosure statement in lease/option deal

Marc Holmes marc at holmeslawgroup.com
Thu Feb 19 15:42:42 PST 2015

When should a lessor/seller provide the tenant/buyer of residential property
a seller disclosure statement (aka Form 17)?  When the lease and option
agreements are signed or later if and when the option is exercised and the
purchase and sale agreement comes into effect?

I'm working on one where the seller is receiving a large, non-refundable
option price up front so I'm inclined to do the Form 17 at inception so the
3 day right of rescission will run its course.  Bad idea?

Marc Holmes

Holmes Law Group PLLC

808 5th Ave N

Seattle WA 98109