[WSBARP] Attorney As Substitute Personal Representative And Recommended Provisions In Order of Appointment?

Richard Wills richardwills at washington-probate.com
Tue Feb 10 16:13:03 PST 2015

*Rob:  I do it a little differently:**
*

 1. *Under my NP, I give a 10-day notice under the NP statute of my
    intention to sell a parcel of real property.  That gives each
    interested party the opportunity to object.*
 2. *If no objection, then I proceed with the sale as stated in the notice.*
 3. *If objection, then I petition the Court for approval of the sale in
    a noticed hearing & give notice to all.*

*The benefit of this is that at least in King County, a MSC requires an
initial, non-noticed, ex-parte hearing for the Court to issue a
Citation, at $20, which I've then got to serve on all interested parties
along with a copy of the MSC.  My procedure avoids having the initial
hearing & the issuance of the Citation.**  I've done this many times &
never had a problem with the Court about it.*