[WSBARP] Change Name of Title Holder

Thomas M. Culbertson tculbertson at lukins.com
Thu Apr 16 09:11:44 PDT 2015

I don't think recording a deed is a good idea; that would be like a woman recording a deed to herself after she got married and took her husband's name.  Ownership isn't changing, and recording something that sounds like it is changing might come back to haunt you.  What I have done instead is to record a Notice of Change of Name in each county in which the entity owns real estate. That seems to work just fine.

THOMAS M. CULBERTSON  I  Lukins & Annis, PS
717 W. Sprague Ave, Suite 1600, Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 455-9555  I  fax (509) 363-2500  I  tculbertson at lukins.com<mailto:tculbertson at lukins.com>