[WSBARP] Change Name of Title Holder

Jane Seymour jseymour at whidbey.com
Wed Apr 15 09:57:47 PDT 2015

The current LLC owner may obtain an endorsement to the title policy, if
there is one, adding the new LLC name as an additional insured or additional
named insured.  That is a good idea if title insurance is involved.

If a current owner wants/needs to sue back through the chain of title for
some reason (such as clearing title to a suddenly discovered defect), then
the chain of Warranty deeds must be intact, in which case, given Catherine's
description, it is best to use a warranty deed.

Bottom line, best to use a warranty deed.

Regards,

Jane Seymour, Langley WA

JS Jane Seymour, Attorney at Law

3191 Baby Island Lane Langley WA 98260

PO Box 1240 Freeland WA 98249

jseymour at whidbey.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The preceding e-mail message (including any
attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by
applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information. It is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not
an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful.