[WSBARP] Excise tax and penalties for decedent - grant county

Matt Albrecht mca.albrecht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:11:28 PST 2014

Grant County is famous for overstepping its bounds.  Especially the
treasurer.  I had him object to an inheritance going through even after the
tax bills were paid simply because he didn't think there was enough proof
as to who the beneficiary was (even though every alternative beneficiary
signed off agreeing it was who we said it was).  I've always thought the
truth was that if it didn't go where we said it would have defaulted back
to the County, which is playing pretty dirty in my book.