[WSBARP] Litigators Help - Summary Judgment to Dismiss Employee

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Jun 4 12:45:43 PDT 2014

If this case is pure breach of contract, and GM is an employee of the LLC,
then I don't think it's a piercing the veil issue, it's just that GM is a
non-party to the contract. There should be some case law stating
specifically that, where a contract is signed by an individual expressly
as an agent for the corporate entity, the individual is not liable and is
not a party to the contract.

In the old law digests it's under "master and servant" but these days I
think it's "agent and principal" or some such. Sorry I don't have a case
cite at my fingertips.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen